Are you facing Facetime not working error? Don’t worry, We gotta solution for you! FaceTime is Apple’s video calling feature which let the user make a video call with another FaceTime user over a Wi-Fi connection. For most of the user, FaceTime is relatively straightforward and works straightforward. But sometimes users face the problem while working or during use.
If you are one of them who facing the error facetime not working on your Apple device, here are a quick fix for you.
Facetime Not Working: How To Fix the Problem
Unluckily, FaceTime is not available in all countries, and with this app, you can make audio and video call with only another iPhone (4th generation or later), iPod Touch (4th generation), iPad (2nd generation or later), or Mac user either over cellular data connection or WiFi. But if in case it is not working try one by one each fix and let us know which works for you.
- CHECK YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION
The most common reason for FaceTime is unavailable is the internet connectivity. If you are trying to open the app, but it isn’t, then first check your internet connection or Wi-Fi connection from the menu bar. If the icon is not showing any bars or signals, then your Wi-Fi or data connection might be turned off. Fix the error by clicking on the icon and turn on Wi-Fi.
If you can’t find the Wi-Fi icon in menu bar, follow the below path:
- System Preferences>> Network>> check the internet connection. If your device is connected, but it isn’t working, then try to restart your router.
- Turn off and turn on or unplug the main wire and plug it again after 30 seconds.
- Restart the router and wait until your device connect. With this simple step, the internet connectivity issues of facetime may fix.
- CHECK APPLE’S SERVERS
If there is an issue with Apple’s FaceTime server, then in such case you can’t do anything. But the good news is that there is no problem with your device or in your data connection. But how to check the app is down or not?
For that, you have to check the FaceTime server status. Go to Apple’s System Status page and find FaceTime. If it shows a green circle, next to it, then it works up to date. But if it is not showing any green sign, then the app is down, and Apple is working on it for restoring connectivity.
If the app status shows that the app is working properly, then it could be possible that the error is affecting your area only. In this case, Apple might not know about the problem, so check it from the second server status reading websites like Outage or Down Detector. Both of these tools shows the status with maps so that you can easily find that your area is affected or not.
- CHECK FACETIME IS SWITCHED ON OR OFF
From experience, we can say that sometimes the biggest problem can solve by simple way. One of the troubleshooting steps is to check the FaceTime is switched on or not.
- Open the app and navigate FaceTime>>Turn FaceTime On. Wait until it confirms the activation of a switch on.
- RESET THE APP
If your FaceTime app is showing “Waiting for Activation” on your screen, then the best way is to switch it off and turn it back on.
Another way is to reset FaceTime by launching the app and navigate to FaceTime >> Preferences. Here the slider to off and again switch it on. It may solve facetime not working error.
- CHECK FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES
Check the software for an update as some time out of date software cause many errors in a device including facetime not working on mac.
To check for updates, open the app store and from the toolbar click on Updates Click on the Update button for download and install available updates.
- CHECK THE DATE & TIME
If your Mac device is not operating with correct time zone, then it can cause facetime not activating issue. To correct the time zone go to System Preferences >> Date & Time and set the date and time.
You can also check the box in Date & Time tab to set both automatically. For that open drop-down menu and choose the correct server (Apple America/U.S/Apple Europe etc.).
- CHECK YOUR EMAILS
To use FaceTime on your device, you have first to verify your email. Apple sends a verification email at the moment you sign up with a link to verify your email address.
- For check, go to FaceTime >> Preferences and check for status shows “verifying…” or not.
- If it does, go to mail inbox and find Apple’s verification email. Check in the spam folder also.
- CHECK YOUR APPLE ID
If your facetime is not working, then check that you are signed in with the same Apple ID like your other Apple devices.
- To check it, open FaceTime >> Preferences and check apple id.
- If it doesn’t match with your other devices, Sign Out from it and sign back using the old one Apple ID that you use on your iPhone or iPad.
- CHECK THE COUNTRY
FaceTime is not available in some countries including Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, and Tunisia. So if you’re visiting or living in any of these countries, Facetime not work and there is no fix for it.
- CHANGE DNS SETTINGS
Even after the above fixes, any of don’t work for you, try to change DNS settings from Mac’s settings to Google’s. For that follow the steps given below:
- Go to System Preferences >> Network >> Select Network >> Advanced >>DNS.
- Next, click on the + button and type 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 to add Google’s open DNS in it.
- Click on Ok and then apply.
- FLUSH THE DNS CACHE
Many errors can solve by flushing the DNS cache. The process of flushing is depended on the device you are using currently.
- If you find difficult to do it manually, you can use CleanMyMac X’s Maintenance feature. To use it first download CleanMyMac X and launch the app.
- Next, click on the Maintenance tab >> Flush DNS cache>> Run.
- Wait till the process completes.
Conclusion on Facetime Not Working Solutions:
It is all about facetime not working. We hope any of the above will help you to solve the problem related to facetime. In case, you can’t find the proper solution; you can ask for the help using the comment section below. We love to help you. Thank you!